Whilst we encourage our patients to come to the surgery, where we have the proper equipment and facilities available, we do appreciate that this is not always possible.
Please consider the following guidance when requesting home visits:
- Please ensure visits are requested before 10AM where possible on 01326 372502
- Only request visits where strictly necessary. Many queries can be dealt with over the telephone.
- Most visits will be telephone triaged by clinicians before we come to see you and visits will be conducted by a doctor or emergency care practitioner (ECP)
- Only request visits for housebound patients where clinically appropriate. All non-housebound patients will be requested to attend the surgery.
- It is always preferable to see patients in a clinical environment with the appropriate equipment.
- We are more likely to be able to see you in a more timely fashion at the surgery as opposed to a visit.
- Lack of transport to get to surgery is not a valid reason for a home visit
- Do not request home visits in cases of medical emergency – please call 999 instead.
- Requests received after midday may be visited the following day unless the clinician agrees there is a medically urgent need.
If you are experiencing problems with transport to the surgery there is a charity car service based in Cornwall called T.A.P Transport Access People, who will bring you to the surgery for a nominal charge (tel 01872 223388)
Please give accurate directions to the receptionist and it is vital that we have a phone number to contact you on.